With seed treatments the fastest growing sector in the crop protection market it is critical that farmers have access to these products and technologies, so as they can boost yields, conserve water and protect biodiversity. Seed treatments represent a way to safeguard our environment whilst increasing yields through enhanced plant emergence,growth and nutrition efficiency.

Wednesday 19 September 2012

My Nuffield topic travel begins.

Well off we go again, this trip takes me back to China to visit some emerging equipment suppliers who are trying to crack the world market, also investigate the Chinese seed industry and export opportunities.
Next I will be off to Italy to look at drying technology, and some soft heat technology which should be highly beneficial in rhizobia life expectancy.
Then to Austria to look at some horticulture and advancements being achieved there.
Next to France, followed by Switzerland, Germany finishing my European leg in Norway.
Then it is off to the USA and Canada, Canada will see Pam joining me with a program looking at mainly marketing styles and business development in a highly competitive market.
After Canada we have a full program in California with visits to seed central at Davis and also some insight into the native seed business in the US. Also some time in Idaho with Cargill.
Then it is back home with a short break in Hawaii to get to know the family again after a very hectic year. I must say that doing a nuffield scholarship has been the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done, and I am only half way.
It would certainly not be possible without the support of everyone back home, from my family who simply miss you being around, to my coworkers and extended family who pick up the work load when you are gone, I cannot express my thanks enough for everything all of you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment